If there’s a rugby club in your area, why not think of joining forces with them. You’ll find they are just as keen to reach the local community as you are.
Ideas for linking include:
• Asking them to run tag/touch rugby sessions at your community festival
• Offering to add a family festival element around key games they are screening
• Using their facilities for your Guest Event meal or Quiz Night
• Taking part in their touch/tag events
• Offering to help run a family tag/touch rugby festival with them
Beyond the tournament you could offer to lead Carols in the bar around Christmas, raise the possibility of chaplaincy to the club (contact www.sportschaplaincy.co.uk for help with this) and even consider creative ways to overcome the tension many Christian parents experience between children’s rugby on Sunday morning and church attendance.