As part of Engage 2015’s role to provide churches with inspiration, information and resources they welcome 13 past and current player ambassadors. These ambassadors are Christians from a variety of nations who have been happy to talk to Engage 2015 about their faith and rugby. Earlier in the year Engage 2015 carried out exclusive interviews with each of the players and learn more about how they integrate their faith with the sport and how it affects their attitude towards the game.
The 13 player ambassadors are as follows:
• Peter Browne, Ulster
• Chris Elder, London Welsh
• Wiehann Herbst, Ulster
• Billy Vunipola, Saraceans and England
• Dan Leo, London Welsh and Samoa
• Louis Ludik, Ulster
• Paul Marshall, Ulster and Ireland
• Franco van Der Merve, Ulster and South Africa
• Euan Murray, Glasgow Warriors and Scotland
• Ruan Pienaar, Ulster and South Africa
• Ann O’Flynn, 23 Caps for England
• Jonathan Webb, 33 Caps for England
• Garin Jenkins, 58 Caps for Wales
The interviews can be found at www.engagemediahub.com and are an excellent resource for churches and community groups to use when communicating about faith and sport. Do keep checking the site and follow Engage on Facebook and Twitter as bonus footage will be released in the coming weeks.